Monday, January 22, 2018

Blogs and Blog Readers

It's nice to be back on my blog after such a long break. Don't know why I let it lapse, but I'm here now.

I selected feedly for my blog reader. I liked how easy it was to use and locate blogs. And I need easy! I found several blogs that appealed to me. I selected:


 I feel that keeping abreast of the issues is essential and the Annoyed Librarian's post is a great way to get one side of important issues in librarianship.


Another great way to keep up with issues and a different point of view.



While I am not young, I am new to librarianship and this blog is a wealth of advice to the new librarian. Any help I can get is welcome!



A daily link to library issues, book reviews, and other library related information. What I liked about this one is that it doesn't have commentary or personal thoughts, just the facts! I felt that was important to have that balance.



I have to admit I included this one just for the humor. This site is about the horrible books found during weeding. If we can't see the humor in our jobs, then we shouldn't be doing it! And quite frankly, the one about NOT killing your husband intrigued me. I may need to find a copy.

I have created a tumblr account, much to my teenager's dismay. She claims she will help me learn how to use it, but I'm not holding my breath! Time to figure it out on my own!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the ideas! I'm going to add some of these blogs to my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the Awful Library Books website seems to be humorous! Beginning with the cartoonish avatars of the authors and the quote, "Hoarding is not a collection development."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Awful Library Books site is hilarious! I am bookmarking that one to giggle on days when I really need to laugh!

    ReplyDelete