Saturday, March 10, 2018

Infographics


I was super excited to play with infographics. I used them to teach with when I was teaching higher grades, but I'd never created one before. After looking at Easelly, Infogram, and Piktochart,  I did check and play with all three suggested.  Easelly  had a lot of templates but you could only change what the chart said. You had to pay for a upgrade to add graphics. Infogram had one template that was free but allowed for more personalization. I felt that Piktochart was the best of both worlds; the free version had a wide variety of templates to pick from and allowed for the most personalization with graphics and placement of data so I decided to use Piktochart. It was super easy to use, as the dashboard resembled the one in Microsoft Publisher, a program I am very comfortable using. I was able to take their template and easily rearrange text, add pictures, and change font and font colors. All three sites had tutorials available on the site and on YouTube so if you have issues, it is very easy to resolve them.



1 comment:

  1. Your inforgraphic is excellent! I love that you highlighted the most important information and didn't feel the need to fill every piece of real estate on it. I think the ones that are cluttered can be difficult for our students to read, depending on the age group. I chose Piktochart for my infographic too. It was sort of like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It was just right. It was easy to navigate and didn't have the least or the most options.

    ReplyDelete