Saturday, May 5, 2018

Final Thoughts for this Semester

Another semester draws to a close and we have been asked to look back and reflect on what we have learned. Holy smokes! Where do I start?

I have learned so much this semester. I really felt that technology was my weakest area. Ask me about what I'd recommend for a middle school girl who just finished the Cinder series and I'm your girl but I never considered myself a technology leader. I have now mastered podcasts, screencasts, making infographics, cartoons, using Twitter, Instagram, and more! I've used screencasts several times in my classroom since learning how to make one. They are a great way to share information and my students love that I made them a movie (2nd graders are easily impressed).

My greatest struggle wasn't the content, but my fear of not doing well. As I may have mentioned, I'm about to be 50 and technology can be scary for those of us who learned on TRS-80s in high school. You young 'uns can google that! But I learned how to use YouTube tutorials and with a lot of trial and error, I feel like I mastered all that I was asked to learn.

I'm hoping and praying for a library position at my neighborhood junior high next school year. I see such great possibilities for what I now know to be applied there. Junior high kids have this wealth of technology knowledge, and with a push in the right direction, they could do amazing things with the tools I have learned about. I'd love to have book recommendations done with a podcast and shared  on the library webpage. Or help a class create an infographic based on research we did in the library. Or create a screencast to use during library orientation. I know, I'm just running on but the excitement of what I can do is just bubbling over! And this is just the beginning. I know I have more to learn and can't wait to continue my learning journey!

Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a pleasure sharing my thoughts with you! No worries though!
This blog isn't going away, nor are my podcasts! I have things to share and they are going to keep coming!
Pamela

1 comment:

  1. Pamela, I'm sure that whichever school you would end up with will be fortunate to have you as their school librarian. Wish you well!

    ReplyDelete