Saturday, November 26, 2016

Happy Birthday Babymouse

Image result for Happy Birthday babymouseHolm, J and Holm, M. (2014). Happy Birthday Babymouse. New York: Random House.

Babymouse's birthdays have been a disaster, but this year's is going to be the best yet! Until she learns that Felicia's party is the same day and everyone is going to Felicia's! And then it all starts falling apart. Nothing goes the way she planned. On Monday at school, as everyone raves about Felicia's party, Babymouse sulks by herself. But her friends come over and celebrate with her. Now she can laugh about all that went wrong!

My students love Babymouse, but I had never read one until now. I enjoyed how the author talks to her and that aside interaction. I also liked how they included characters from other books. The colors are simple so the book isn't visually confusing. Overall,this is a book series I will invest in for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment