It starts like the Three Pigs we all know. But when the wolf huffs and puffs, he blows the first pig right off the page of the book! The pig then rescues his brothers and they explore the world outside of their book. The visit Hey Diddle and meet the cat and his fiddle. They also rescue a dragon who was about to be killed. Together they return to the 3rd pigs house in the pigs' story and defeat the wolf and live happily ever after.
I love the twist in the middle of this book. That the pigs could escape their story and villain, and see what else was going on is very original. I can see using this book as a way to compare text. As a current 4th grade teacher, that is a skill that my students must have. I will include this in my plans for the 3rd nine weeks when we do paired passages. I think my students will enjoy the humor and the plot twist.
No comments:
Post a Comment